Success for Summercamp by Boden Gamecamp
The project would help young adults who are neither working nor studying to take a first step towards a future in the gaming industry.
The result? Half of Summercamp by Boden Gamecamp's participants have been accepted to game educations.
- Now I have a clear picture of what I want to do in the coming years. That I want to continue with game development, says Rasmus Rönnqvist who has been admitted to the indie game developer education in Sävast.
Summercamp by Boden Gamecamp is a collaboration between Boden municipality and Luleå municipality where twelve young adults who neither work nor study have received an introduction to game development at Boden Gamecamp in Sävast during the summer. The project would give them a chance to take a first step towards a future in cultural and creative industries.
When this year's summer camp is over, we can look back on a successful project.
Ten out of twelve have applied to game educations and six of these have been accepted.
One of those admitted to a game education is Rasmus Rönnqvist, Sävast, who will study to become an indie game developer at Boden Gamecamp at Boden Business Park. He has previously tried many different educations, but never found one that fits.
- Now I have a clear picture of what I want to do in the coming years. That I want to continue with game development, I want to get better at it, learn and meet new people, he says.
Victor Vuorijärvi, Luleå, will also start an education at Boden Gamecamp. For him, the 1.5-year game tester education awaits.
- Before the summer I was a little lost, I did not know what to do. Now I have learned what I want to work with and it is the gaming industry so it has meant a lot that I have been able to take this course.
- I can imagine that many young people feel lost and if you are interested in gaming, you should take the chance if it happens again next year.
Lars Lundqvist, FCV Sweden, has participated in the project as a creative pilot for the gameing industry.
- We have managed to reach the target group, but I also want to say that it is thanks to them that they have taken the step and dared to try such a unique opportunity. It is thanks to them that it has become so successful. Of course, they have received a lot, but above all, they have given each other an incredible amount.
- With support and individual guidance to the young people, we now see that the majority have not only found their future profession but also gained clarity in the ways there and are now moving on to the gaming industry. Great fun!